Work for us
Our people don’t work for Halo they work with us. It’s an important distinction.
Everyone here is valued for their individuality, are actively encouraged to express themselves, to feel engaged with Halo & the opportunity to shape our agency in a shared vision.
We work hard, of course we do, that’s a given with some of the largest brands around on our books, but we still respect & strive for a positive work/ life balance; only a well-rested team can create amazing things.
But if you ever have to pull a late one, you’ll be enjoying beer and pizza while you do.
Lose the Ego
Great work happens when small teams of smart people work together. There is no room for prima donnas here, confidence is encouraged, arrogance slows the creative process down. Everyone at Halo is creative – that's our rule, that’s our culture, because ideas & insight can come from anywhere.
We’re now looking for an experienced LAMP developer to join our team, working on high-profile, exciting digital projects. The role is split between hands-on website development and working alongside the Technical Director and Digital Project Managers to mentor the development team and ensure the highest quality of work is delivered from the team.
We currently have 4 developers, so the role is suited to someone with a flexible attitude who is not afraid to get stuck in at multiple points within the project lifecycle. They will be ambitious, willing to take ownership of technical deliverables, and comfortable speaking up to help steer project direction.
Experience of PHP-based frameworks such as Laravel or Symphony is essential; we currently run a lot of Drupal sites, though will be gradually moving over to a decoupled architecture. The chosen candidate will be instrumental in facilitating this move, so we’re looking for someone who can identify technologies and implement processes to help make this happen.
- Developing websites and API integrations
- Supporting PMs and TD in planning/estimating projects and progress tracking
- Mentoring junior team members, peer review, etc
- Identifying and implementing processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Some hosting infrastructure monitoring/support (though all our hosting is managed by third-parties)
- OOP PHP
- PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symphony or similar)
- 3rd-party API Integrations
- Exposure to high-traffic/high-availability technologies such as load-balancing, Varnish, CDNs (Cloudflare/Cloudfront)
- Drupal architecture/API experience
- Drupal module development
- Twig Templating
- Proactive and motivated
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a level head when the production server gets a 500 error
- Salary: Negotiable/DOE
- Opportunity for career progression
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays + 3 to 5 days for Christmas break
- Great working environment within 2 mins walk of Temple Meads Station
- Childcare Vouchers
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Friday beer fridge, regular socials, etc
Please send applications to [email protected], including cover letter, CV and examples of your work and experience.
Where do you fit in?
Well, let's find out. If we are recruiting the jobs are clearly listed here & you should apply. If we don’t have a job listed, don’t let that get in your way, we always want to hear from talented people, and who knows, you might offer us that special ‘something’ we didn't even know we needed.
If you like the idea of working with Halo, fill in the form below & when a suitable role comes up, you’ll be one of the first to know.