Work for us
Our people don’t work for Halo they work with us. It’s an important distinction.
Everyone here is valued for their individuality, are actively encouraged to express themselves, to feel engaged with Halo & the opportunity to shape our agency in a shared vision.
We work hard, of course we do, that’s a given with some of the largest brands around on our books, but we still respect & strive for a positive work/ life balance; only a well-rested team can create amazing things.
But if you ever have to pull a late one, you’ll be enjoying beer and pizza while you do.
Lose the Ego
Great work happens when small teams of smart people work together. There is no room for prima donnas here, confidence is encouraged, arrogance slows the creative process down. Everyone at Halo is creative – that's our rule, that’s our culture, because ideas & insight can come from anywhere.
Halo are looking for a permanent Drupal developer to join the team. We’re after someone with at least 3 years experience, ideally from an agency background.
We work on a broad range of brand-focussed projects, from startups and challenger brands to household names and some of the world’s biggest entertainment and festival sites where performance is crucial.
This is primarily a Drupal development role, focused on CMS setup, configuration, bespoke module development and third-party API integrations. Some front-end/site build experience is essential, though will not be the primary focus.
This position will be working as part of our dev team, alongside designers, UX’ers and the accounts teams, so will be in the thick of the creative process. You’ll be involved from the initial requirements gathering/specification stages through to project delivery and ongoing support. You’ll need to be a good communicator, able to estimate accurately and identify risks early on. You’ll be a natural problem solver and pragmatist. Above all else you’ll be keen to learn and expand your current skill set, mentoring more junior members and using your own initiative to find better ways of working and to improve our products.
- Drupal 7 and 8 configuration and module development
- PHP (OOP), Symphony
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- API/Feed Integrations
- Drupal theming (Responsive HTML5 / CSS3 / SASS)
- AJAX / JSON
Nice to haves
- Twig, Handlebar, Liquid or similar templating languages
- High-traffic caching (Varnish, Cloudflare, Cloudfront, etc)
- Drupal multilingual site experience
In return we offer a competitive salary (D.O.E.), a great working environment at Temple Studios (next to Temple Meads), benefits, regular socials, and 20 days holiday plus usually around 5 days extra when we close for Christmas.
Please send applications including CV, cover letter and links to some of the sites you’ve worked on to [email protected]
No recruitment agencies please.
Junior Account Manager
We require an enthusiastic Junior Account Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to work on one of our biggest clients who are world leaders in the live entertainment industry as well as supporting our Senior Creative Brand Manager on branding projects. The successful candidate will have between 1 to 2 years experience in an agency environment, servicing large, fast paced accounts.
You’ll thrive on...
- Supporting on some of the highest traffic websites in the world
- Working with international teams to plan and deliver exciting digital projects
- Working with the brand team to support on the delivery of branding projects
You at a glance:
- A can do attitude!
- Should have experience working on digital projects and working within a digital team
- Knowledge of website project process and CMS beneficial
- Have a brand-first approach to client management
- Great interpersonal, teamwork and relationship management skills
- Proactive and motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised, ability to work to deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- You’re able to write a clear, insightful creative brief, check work and give clear and constructive feedback
- Experience of managing multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent commercial acumen and financial management
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to get stuck in are a given at Halo
In return Halo offers a stimulating, challenging but relaxed environment.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience. Please send applications including CV to [email protected]
No recruitment agencies please.
Where do you fit in?
Well, let's find out. If we are recruiting the jobs are clearly listed here & you should apply. If we don’t have a job listed, don’t let that get in your way, we always want to hear from talented people, and who knows, you might offer us that special ‘something’ we didn't even know we needed.
If you like the idea of working with Halo, fill in the form below & when a suitable role comes up, you’ll be one of the first to know.