Work for us
Our people don’t work for Halo they work with us. It’s an important distinction.
Everyone here is valued for their individuality, are actively encouraged to express themselves, to feel engaged with Halo & the opportunity to shape our agency in a shared vision.
We work hard, of course we do, that’s a given with some of the largest brands around on our books, but we still respect & strive for a positive work/ life balance; only a well-rested team can create amazing things.
But if you ever have to pull a late one, you’ll be enjoying beer and pizza while you do.
Lose the Ego
Great work happens when small teams of smart people work together. There is no room for prima donnas here, confidence is encouraged, arrogance slows the creative process down. Everyone at Halo is creative – that's our rule, that’s our culture, because ideas & insight can come from anywhere.
Site Builder/Web Developer
Halo are looking for a permanent Site Builder/Web Developer to join the team. We’re after someone with 1 to 4 years experience, ideally from an agency background.
We work on a broad range of brand-focussed projects, ranging from sites for local startups to well known FMCG brands and some of the country’s biggest entertainment and festival sites where performance is crucial.
This position will be working as part of our dev team, alongside designers, UX’ers and the accounts teams, so will be in the thick of the creative process. The role involves working with Drupal CMS, primarily from a front-end and configuration perspective (module development not required). If you've done similar in Wordpress we'd be happy to provide Drupal training. You’ll be well-versed in recent and emerging front-end technologies, a great communicator, strong attention to detail and an ability to keep calm when things occasionally get stressful. Above all else you’ll be keen to learn and expand your current skill set, learning from the team and using your own initiative to find better ways of working and to improve our products.
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Responsive build
- AJAX / JSON
- Drupal (though will consider Wordpress experience)
- Experience writing code for W3C html standards
- Knowledge of Accessibility standards
- Twig, Handlebar, Liquid or similar templating languages
In return we offer a competitive salary (D.O.E.), a great working environment at Temple Studios (next to Temple Meads), benefits, 20 days holiday plus usually around 5 days extra when we close for Christmas.
Please send applications including CV, cover letter and links to some of the sites you’ve worked on to [email protected]
No recruitment agencies please.
Halo is an independent creative agency based in the heart of Bristol. We work with household names and challenger brands, creating insight driven, good ideas that look great and people like.
We require an enthusiastic Account Executive to support our very busy team of Account Managers with a focus on branding and creative delivery. The successful candidate will have between 1 to 2 years experience in an agency environment, supporting on large, fast paced accounts, be super organised and process driven.
You’ll thrive on running exciting projects through our studio, on time and to budget, whilst maintaining and managing client expectations.
- A can do attitude!
- Great interpersonal, teamwork and relationship management skills
- Proactive and motivated
- You love both process and delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised, ability to work to deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- You’re able to write a clear, insightful creative brief, check work and give feedback to the creative team in studio
- Great with clients and managing their expectations
- You’re confident handling and managing production projects, including liaising with print suppliers to obtain competitive quotations
- Experience of managing multiple projects at the same time
- You’re an ideas person as well as a doer and you love to get your hands dirty
- You should share our enthusiasm for aesthetics and love talking to clients.
Where do you fit in?
Well, let's find out. If we are recruiting the jobs are clearly listed here & you should apply. If we don’t have a job listed, don’t let that get in your way, we always want to hear from talented people, and who knows, you might offer us that special ‘something’ we didn't even know we needed.
If you like the idea of working with Halo, fill in the form below & when a suitable role comes up, you’ll be one of the first to know.